Skip to main content

Ireland Reading Challenge



Though I am American through and through, I do connect a strong part of my heritage and culture with the Irish. I have always admitted that were are more Irish in celebration than we are in blood, but I do have the name to back me up. I am planning on going to Ireland with my two daughters within the next year or two. I am looking forward to connecting with my past and my future through the reading choices I explore over the next 11 months.

Carrie at Books and Movies
is hosting this challenge again. Sign up here. Details following:

~ The challenge runs from January 1, 2011 to November 30, 2011.

~ Any books read for this challenge can also apply to other challenges you are working on.

~ Re-reads are allowed.

~ Any book written by an Irish author, set in Ireland, or involving Irish history or Irish characters, counts for the challenge – fiction, non-fiction, poetry, audiobooks, children’s books – all of these apply.

~ Choose your commitment level:

Shamrock level: 2 books
Luck o’ the Irish level: 4 books
Kiss the Blarney Stone level: 6 books


Even though I am apprehensive about joining challenges this year I am going for the gold (at the end of the rainbow) and Kissing the Blarney Stone. Growing up my grandmother had a series of pugs. They had names like Murphy, Malarkey, and Blarney. It seems only like the only option to make the best of this reading opportunity. I am not sure where I am planning on starting but I do know I am going to read How the Irish Saved Civilization with Carrie and I am really looking forward to it.

1. The New Policeman by Kate Thompson
2. The Legend of Spud Murphy

Comments