Skip to main content

Cybils Award Challenge

How Will It Work?
◦Challenge will run from December 1, 2009 through December 31, 2010
◦Anyone can join, you don’t have to blog to play along
◦Challengers can choose to participate in as many of the categories listed below as they want
◦Challengers may not mix books from across multiple categories
◦Challengers do not need to construct a reading list just decide as you go however the mood strikes you
◦Challengers may participate at any of the levels indicated below
◦All books used as part of the challenge must be from the 2009 reading lists
◦Books read can overlap with other challenges you are participating in
◦Challengers can read in any format (ie: audio, e-book, print)

Levels of Participation
◦Categorically Speaking – choose to read all books in a category
◦Halfway There – choose to read 50% of books in a category
◦Rule of Fours – choose to read 1/4 or 3/4 of books in a category
◦Pick A Number – choose to read a specific number of books in a category
◦Shorties Rule – choose to read books in a specific short list (finalists will be publicized Jan 1, 2010)

Fun Stuff
As part of the fun there will be author interviews, guest posts, giveaways and a grand prize drawing for a $100 gift card to Borders Books. (please go to Challenge for more info.)



So, as of right now I am joining the Rule of Fours in two categories. Fantasy and Science Fiction for both young adult and middle grade. I am really looking forward to reading these. I wanted to do the Categorically Speaking but I am not sure I will be able to get all the books for a category easily and I can't decide between YA and MG. I think I am going to end up doing 3/4 in one category and 1/4 in the other depending on availability/time to read.

As readers will know, I am not a big fan of fantasy, so completing these two categories WILL be a challenge for me. I am definitely looking forward to the new reading experiences that will come from it!

Middle Grade
  1. Flight of the Phoenix
  2. The Hotel Under the Sand
Young Adult
  1. Hush, Hush
  2. The Demon's Lexicon
  3. Candor
  4. Blue Moon
  5. Fade

Comments

  1. YAY! Welcome to the fun.

    You've picked a couple of really great categories and levels to work with. I'm going to try categorically speaking for YA but realistically speaking I don't know how feasible it will be. I'm gonna make the attempt though.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment