Skip to main content

The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren

I just finished my tenth book of the year and I really loved it. While I have been enjoying a lot of what I have been reading, lately it has been all serious stuff. It was a nice change to jump into Cover of something totally fun. The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren was cute and funny from page one.

Author Wendy Toliver has filled her book with a stream of pop culture references; usually this can be touchy. But she managed finding topics that are both trendy and classic. Definitely not people of the minute who will fade in a few years.

This book doesn't just rely on trends and pop culture to carry it. It is also entrenched deeply into a mythological idea. It creates the perfect blend of contemporary and classical. Allowing the storyline to be both far fetched and believable at the same time.

Comments

  1. I am so glad you posted a review of wendy's book. She is so great and she writes like we think and talk- so I love her books. She is also a really good friend of mine so I love anyone who writes nice things about her books. I am glad you love to read- I do to. I am way behind on my reviews because I start a new book before I have time to write anything except for writing my own things. Have fun. ILY anna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment