Skip to main content

Perfect On Paper

Perfect on Paper was a laugh-out-loud romantic comedy. Maria Murnane provides us with a light and fun read.  Honestly, it did drag a bit in the middle for me, I felt like the book couldn’t decide where it wanted to go, so there were some superfluous chapters in the middle of it for me.  But the ending more than made up for it.  I am happy to have gotten a chance to read this book.

Welcome to the life of Waverly Bryson:

  • Her dates? Cringe-inducing at times, definitely entertaining
  • Her friends? Often amused, definitely supportive
  • Her new crush? Possibly intrigued, definitely a catch
  • The results? Hardly perfect, definitely just right

In some ways Waverly Bryson leads a dream life, though she would be quick to disagree.  One of the results reading this book had on me was making sure to appreciate the things around me, even when you just feel like complaining about them.

In case you missed it, I was able to interview Maria earlier in the month.  It was a really great interview and especially informative about her hope to get published. Be sure to check it out.

What other reviewers are saying:

“Maria does an excellent job of creating a comfortable and funny novel with realistic and likable characters….” -  Blue Archipelago

“Even though Perfect…On Paper is firmly entrenched in the chick lit genre, I found it to have a bit more depth than the typical chick lit book I am used to.  This made a pretty light read even more engaging than I would have expected.” 
Book Addiction

“I’d compare this book to a “Sex In the City” or Jennifer Weiner type of book.  It’s a fun read and I did laugh out loud at several parts in the book.” 
A Novel Menagerie

Comments

  1. I have heard this was a funny book. Very nice blog. Thank you for following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound like a good one. It's on my wish list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am a huge fan of comic novels and it is by far the only type of book i've been reading for a while now. i will definitely have to add this to my shopping list!

    fertawert AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard many good things about this book and it is on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dragged in the middle? What? What? Okay, I'll take at that criticism because you liked the rest of it! Thanks for the kudos, and I hope your readers will give my book a try! :)

    Bye,

    Maria Murnane
    Author of "Perfect on Paper"
    www.mariamurnane.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. In all fairness to Maria, maybe it was just ME who was dragging and it had nothing to do with the story.

    Okay? Happy Maria? You better dedicate your next book to me. That's all I have to say.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment