Skip to main content

Booking Through Thursday - Worlds and Authors

Photobucket

Are there any particular worlds in books where you’d like to live?

Well, I don't read much fantasy or books that involve other worlds. There are not really any places from books I would like to live, I am very much a homebody. But there are tons of places I would like to visit! So places that come to mind come from C.S. Lewis's Prelandra series and also Pullman's His Dark Materials series.

I get this sensation much stronger when I am watching a movie than I do when I when I am reading. I got it strongly when I saw The Shipping News and it made me buy the book. I wanted to see how the location was captured in text. But I had a hard time getting into the book and still haven't read it.

When I read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil I went on a book tour of Savanah and that was amazing and interesting. I think it would be fun to do more things like that. Experience places I read about.

Or where you certainly would NOT want to live?
Recently when I read The Luxe I felt very lucky to have not lived in the confinement of their era.

Books about Nazi Germany and other effected areas make me happy I was not alive and witnessing these struggles first hand.

There are books about the south that make me want to go there, make me think I will love it. Example: Ya Ya Sisterhood. Reality, while I would love to visit Savanah again and a few other places I definitely never want to live in the south. It is was too insanely humid for me.

What about authors? If you were a character, who would you trust to write your life?
I adore Pat Conroy and I would trust him to either make me crazier than I am or show me as I really am, and I am implying those might be the same things. I only started reading him less than a year ago and the way that he write whispers into my heart. It says, yes, this is the type of writing you have been waiting all your life for!

Comments

  1. I didn't think of Pat Conroy. His characters are usually "real" people. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment