Skip to main content

Booking Through Thursday - The Story

If you’re anything like me, one of your favorite reasons to read is for the story. Not for the character development and interaction. Not because of the descriptive, emotive powers of the writer. Not because of deep, literary meaning hidden beneath layers of metaphor. (Even though those are all good things.) No … it’s because you want to know what happens next?

Or, um, is it just me?

The story can definitely be a strong driving force in my reading experience. But more often than I read for the writing. I have said it before, but that isn't going to stop me from saying it again. I read to see beautiful words flowing across the page. I read to see the way that thoughts and memories and ideas and histories weave together on that printed page. There are books I read where the writing doesn't impress me and the story pushes me through it. But I am there for the words, the way they brush against each other and me.

Comments

  1. You love language, pure and simple! I like a good story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good story! That, to me, is the most important thing when reading a book....

    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me it's the whole package, the writing style, the story the characters, all of it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment