Skip to main content

The Sunday Salon


The Sunday Salon.com

Today I am having a weird day. It started last night while I was reading. I just decided to close my eyes for a little bit, but of course I drifted off for the rest of the night. Since it was a little bit earlier than I usually go to bed by body decided that getting up at 5am would be the best compensation. My mind didn't agree.
It has been sort of nice; lazily reading, lounging in bed, cat napping. Midday the girl's father came and picked them up. I grabbed a little bit of a longer nap. Today I finished The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. It is nice to be finished with it since it did tend to put me to sleep. Though I enjoyed it more than that statement implies, and I think even more than I expected I would. I also started Book of a Thousand Days by the same author.

I didn't get around to posting last week, but I still want to post my May Wrap-Up.

May was a fabulous reading month for me even though, seriously, I don't feel that accomplished. I recently started volunteering at the local library and I love it, but it does into my blogging and reading time a bit.

Number of books purchased in the last week of May: 9
Cost: $8.50

Books arrived in the mail: 4
Cost to me: $1.26

Best book of May: Wake

9 books read in May is almost more than I have read all year. Also equals out the books I bought that last week (just ignoring the other books purchased last month!)

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

Comments